Sunday, January 18, 2009

Heather Havrilesky!!

I don't watch Battlestar Galactica, so I didn't pay much attention to anything past the third paragraph of this column. But Heather Havrilesky is one of those Salon columnists (King Kaufman is the other) who are worth reading regularly even if you don't give a damn about the subject, because they're good, funny, insightful writers.

And the first three paragraphs of the column I just linked to - well, I want to carve them in stone and set them into the wall of my own personal Shrine To People Who Hate Hipsters As Much As I Do. Brilliant stuff.

P.S. If you get addicted to King Kaufman, you might like his buddy Paul Lukas, who runs Uni Watch. Again, fascinating even if you don't have the slightest interest in sports. You can read Lukas entirely as a history of popular design in the U.S.

No comments: